Dimensions of Leadership Profile®
Leaders come in many varieties, ranging from the charismatic visionary to the unassuming team player. Most leaders display several leadership characteristics or "dimensions of leadership." A follower can become a leader and a leader can spend time as a follower. The Dimensions of Leadership Profile® is designed to strengthen your organization.
Discovering and Developing Leadership Potential
Leaders come in many varieties, ranging from the charismatic visionary to the unassuming team player. Most leaders display several leadership characteristics or "dimensions of leadership." A follower can become a leader and a leader can spend time as a follower. The Dimensions of Leadership Profile® is designed to strengthen your organization in three ways
Expand Your Definition of Leadership
- Discover what you value in yourself as a leader. You'll better understand how you are likely to make use of a leadership opportunity. You'll see how you contribute to your group's success and find it easier to plan for your own development as a formal or informal leader.
- Learn what kinds of leaders you want to follow. You'll discover what you value in a leader and what kind of leadership you want to support. You can also describe in a nonthreatening way how another person provides leadership. The results offer valuable feedback to present leaders and helps them to see how others perceive their contribution.
- Determine the dimensions of leadership needed by your organization. Every organization is faced with unique challenges, each of which may require a different combination of leadership skills. With the insights gained from the Dimensions of Leadership Profile, you can more purposefully recruit and encourage potential leaders to contribute where needed.
In a successful organization, leaders can be found at every level — from the boardroom to the mailroom, from the chairman's office to the customer-service desk. This is particularly true in organizations that have given up elaborate hierarchies in favor of a team-oriented approach to leadership and management. Leadership is also important in Total Quality Management and is one of the evaluation criteria for the Malcolm Baldrige quality award.
Discover the 12 Dimensions of Leadership
The Dimensions of Leadership Profile allows learners to explore leadership from one of three points of view: self as leader, another person as leader, or the need for leadership. The profile then guides learners in their personal assessment of four broad aspects of leadership: Character, Analysis, Accomplishment, and Interaction. Finally, learners determine how they view 12 specific Dimensions of Leadership:
- Serving others
Develop Leaders at All Levels of Your Organization
Organizations use the Dimensions of Leadership Profile to help people:
The Dimensions of Leadership Profile Facilitator's Kit includes:
- discover personal leadership characteristics
- develop an understanding of the leader-follower relationship
- encourage acceptance of different approaches to leadership
- match leadership approaches to organizational needs
- recognize the strengths in shared leadership
- Facilitator's Manual
- Scripted Seminar
- Presentation Materials on CD-ROM
- Two Profiles
For more information regarding the Inscape Learning Tools, including pricing and volume discounts, please contact TLP Learning Solutions at 407-312-8521 or email@example.com.